For all chest measurements, the measuring tape will go all the way around your torso (wrap it around your back and chest).
TIP: Don't look down at the tape to take your measurement. Find a mirror to view your reading to; looking down may cause the tape to slip.
• Under arm measurement: the goal is to find the measurement for your chest just below where your breast tissue begins (this is usually above the nipples). Ideally, the tape should be at the beginning of your breast tissue and just below your arm pits.
• Largest part of chest: the goal here is to get the measurement around the torso and chest where the most breast tissue is (usually around the nipples).
• Under chest: the goal here is to get the measurement around your sternum; measure directly under the breast tissue, as high up as possible.
TIP: Always round up if your measurement reads at a fraction greater than 1/4".
EXAMPLE: If your measurement reads 36 2/4", round up to 37". Do not round down.
• Shoulder width: Place the measuring tape at the point of one of your shoulders. Then stretch the tape to the point of your other shoulder. Don't wrap the measuring tape all the way around your shoulders for this measurement--just point-to-point.
TIP: Try to stand up straight, and adjust your posture so that your shoulders aren't hunched, but are still relaxed.
Still unsure about sizing?
• Feel free to send us an email with the following four measurements (3 chest measurements + 1 shoulder measurement). If you're confused by measuring, a crew member is happy to walk you through it. We will suggest a style / size we think will work best for you. If we get your suggestion wrong, we cover the cost of your exchange!